Aleš South Bohemian Gallery

Aleš South Bohemian Gallery is the only art museum in the South Bohemian region and belongs to the five largest institutions of its kind in the Czech Republic. It started its activities on 1 January 1953 and was named by Mikoláš Aleš, a South Bohemian painter (1852-1913). It runs two branches - ceramics in Bechyně and exhibiton space in the Wortner house in České Budějovice. The collections include Gothic art from the region, Czech and European art from the 16th to 19th century, a remarkable collection of Dutch paintings. International Museum of Ceramics in Bechyně collects modern Czech and world pottery and porcelain.
The gallery organizes also cultural programs, lectures and concerts and participates in the Music Summer Hluboká festival.

Exhibition halls open daily, on Sundays and public holidays free admission.

April to October: 9:00 - 18:00
November to March 9:00 - 16:00

 

Adresa
Alšova jihočeská galerie
Hluboká nad Vltavou 144
Hluboká nad Vltavou 373 41
+420 387 967 041
www.ajg.cz